Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011

For many years I have listed "start a private practice" as one of my new years resolutions, this year I made it happen. I am overjoyed to not have to list that as one of my intentions this year and am excited to list new ones "figure out how to market my private practice" and "get more clients."

Starting a new business is scary, I don't know how people just quit their job and start a business! There is so much to think about:
paying off existing debt
taxes
business expenses
how do you market your business
how do you keep clients
keeping up on the lastest therapy practices
managing documentation

I have tried to keep myself from becoming overwhelmed by chanting, "one step at a time" and I literally have followed my mantra. I have taken it one step at a time and I am hoping that this continues to work for me as I increase my private practice and wind down my full time County job. I am still praying for the ability to leave my full time job in May 2012, a goal I set for myself with my own therapist in May 2010. I have been putting off this goal for many years, and I finally made a committment with someone who I respect and feel compelled to not let down. Amazing that I will commit to someone else, but not myself. I think that keeping committments to myself is something to work on for 2012!

I am also working on fearlessness. Fear=feeling emotions ahead of reality.

I am also working on focusing on being grateful. I am grateful for my office and my private practice. I am grateful for my clients - every one of them! They all (all 6 of them) have so much to teach me, and I am grateful to learn from them! I want to share with them my gifts and assist them in mental wellness. I am so incredibly grateful for all of my therapist friends that have referred clients to me! I would not be able to be where I am right now without their support, belief in my abilities and love!

I have 5 months, one day at a time, one step at a time, to get my business to where it needs to be so that I can leave my full time job.

I can do this. I am doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment